What is urology telemedicine? Urology concentrates on medical and surgical diseases that may develop in the female and male urinary tract and reproductive system. Urologists go through special training and lots of learning to understand the basics of urology. They are specialists who understand the organ functions and can determine what the cause of the disease in the organ is. Not only that, but through different treatments and medication, they can prevent the disease from worsening and also heal it.
The urinary tract and other sexual organs are prone to diseases if a person does not follow a healthy lifestyle. These organs can develop congenital diseases, several types of infections, and even tumors.
Patients who experience any of the symptoms of these conditions should seek the help of a urologist as soon as possible. A urologist will proceed with testing and examinations to determine the cause of the condition and its severity. After this, the urologist will decide whether antibiotics or surgery is needed.
Urology Telemedicine: Symptoms of Various Reproductive and Urinary Diseases
There can be many varying symptoms associated with urinary tract diseases and reproductive issues. You must not take these symptoms lightly because they can worsen fast and prove to be fatal. If you notice any of the symptoms stated below, call us immediately for consultation or an appointment.
- Feel pain while urinating
- Difficulty in passing urine
- An unusual push to urinate, even when the bladder is clear
- Urinary incontinence
- Infections of Chronic urinary tract
- Modification in the frequency of urination
- A damaged urine stream
- Discomfort in the lower abdomen
- Pelvic pain
- Impotence, infertility, or erectile dysfunction in men
- Blood urine
You should search for professional medical help if you are experiencing any of the above signs/symptoms. A professional urologist can diagnose your condition quite accurately. You can always come and visit our clinic to talk to our expert urology doctors. They can help you identify your exact condition and come up with treatment plan to help you get rid of the disease that’s causing pain and agony.
Treatments for Urological Conditions
Treating urological conditions is possible through medications and surgeries. The treatment will be different depending on the diagnosis. Following are the types of medications urologists use to treat urology.
- To eliminate infections, they recommend antibiotics
- For prostate cancer, hormone treatment is the first priority
- Phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5) helps treat erectile dysfunction, like tadalafil or Cialis
- For cancer, chemotherapy drugs.
As stated earlier, a urologist can recommend surgery to treat urology. Here are some of the surgeries that can treat your reproductive and urinary issues:
- Open surgery
- Minimally invasive (keyhole), or laparoscopic surgery
- They can advise you laser therapy to treat BPH (Benign prostatic hyperplasia), kidney stones, and cancer
There are different reasons for performing the surgeries stated above. Here is why urologists perform these surgeries:
- For cancer, they prefer to perform surgery to remove just tumors or the complete prostate, bladder, or other body parts.
- To perform repairs after a trauma
- Scar tissues can cause a reduction of strictures in the urethra, which is also called urethral dilation
- Stress relieve incontinence, like a sling procedure
- Remove or break kidney stones
- Transplanting a kidney
Urologists also carry out circumcisions, and they perform this procedure to remove the excessive skin of the penis, for religious, cultural, or medical reasons. Also, urologists can also perform a vasectomy, which is a form of male contraception.
Prevention of Urological Issues
Here are some precautions to take in your daily life to prevent any urinary or reproductive issues from occurring:
- Keep yourself hydrated – it is recommended that you drink at least eight glasses of water every day
- Drink cranberry juice to prevent yourself from urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Reduce the amount of salt and caffeine in your routine
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Quit smoking
- Perform kegel exercises to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic area
- Encourage your children and make it a habit for them to urinate before going to bed
- In the night hours, limit your fluid intake
- To prevent young boys from injuries, buy athletic cups
- Teach girls to clean their genital area after using the washroom and use a front-to-back motion technique to wipe
Schedule a Urology Telemedicine Appointment
Don’t ignore any urological symptoms no matter how mild and benign they may seem. Call us if you experience any of the symptoms stated above. You can also visit our clinic and discuss urology telemedicine with one of our expert urologists.
FIFTH AVENUE UROLOGY
4 East 76th Street
New York, NY 10021